Although getting a divorce is never easy, learning a few facts about this event can make things a little more tolerable. Divorce is hard and you’ll likely have many emotions to deal with. Make sure to have a support system in place and take things one day at a time. Time heals all pain, remember. Let the information below help ease some of the burdens that you feel during this difficult time.
- Think that you don’t need to hire a divorce attorney? Think again. With the aid that a Divorce Attorney Minneapolis provides, not only do you get peace of mind and assurance that the outcome of the case is going to be a favorable decision for your needs, the case is usually resolved fast and with less trips to the courthouse to appear before the judge.
- When you hire a divorce, you gain peace of mind and assurance that this matter will be resolved with your best interests in mind. They minimize the time that it takes to file for divorce and they can also take care of other divorce related matters such as child custody and child support.
- Couples that live together before marriage are twice as likely to get a divorce as couples who do not live together before tying the knot. That’s pretty odd or understandable, depending on your outlook on things, considering that living together is the only way to truly get to know your spouse.
- Divorce is pretty common these days. In fact, there are 100 new divorces filed in the U.S. every single hour of the day! That’s one divorce every 36 seconds or 2,400 every day!
- Why do couples get divorced? Many people think that it is infidelity, and while that certainly causes many relationships to fail, a lack of communication is the most common reason for marriages to fail.
- The average divorce takes a total of 18-months to complete. Again, an attorney can speed up this time. However, expect another 18 months to get over the emotional triumphs that accommodate a divorce.
- Now there is even more reason to smile. The frequency of your smiles has an impact on the likeness that you will get a divorce. Did you know that people who don’t smile in photos are 5x more likely to get a divorce than people who regularly smile in their pictures?
- The average marriage in the U.S. lasts about 8.2 years. However, residents of New York seem to form more durable bonds and have an average marriage lifetime of about 12.2 years. Second marriages are twice as likely to fail as first-time marriages!
Divorce is not easy but it is important to know that you are not alone in the matter. Seek support from family, friends, and even support groups, and make sure you take the time needed to heal after this life-changing event. Use the information above to help you make it through the divorce with your sanity intact.Continue Reading